UI / UX Developer
£28,000 – £34,000 p.a.
80% remote working
We are looking for a UI / UX Developer to work on customer-facing web sites and take responsibility for our user-centric conference call service. This includes, but is not limited to; gathering user and business requirements, designing and implementing web, live chat, email flows, identifying and implementing UI / UX changes.
You will report to our Head of Communications and will be expected to work remotely and autonomously (with one day per week in our central Manchester office). Regular contact via Slack, telephone and web conference will ensure high levels of communication.
- Gather and evaluate user and business requirements;
- Illustrate design concepts and flows;
- Design graphical user elements;
- Develop mockups and prototypes;
- Implement and maintain design or code changes;
- Contribute to the ongoing design, development and testing of existing and new products.
As critical as the requirements bulleted below, is the organisation’s need for a flexible, dynamic and can-do individual. We are looking for a ‘people person’ – driven, creative, easy to work with and with excellent interpersonal skills. As a rapidly-expanding, highly agile business, we strive to provide the very best experience to our customers – evidenced in our excellent rating on Trustpilot. Applicants should demonstrate the very same agile approach to development and to the ever-changing demands of the management team.
- Experience in OO programming with PHP;
- *nix CLI experience;
- Full stack development experience;
- Use of git or equivalent in team based environments;
- Ability to implement a unit test environment;
- Ability to work in a team.
- Commercial experience in two or more of PHP on SaaS products and use of OO MVC Frameworks;
- Experience of implementing CI/CD into the delivery process;
- Use of Automation in testing and development/deployment;
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
At this stage, we are not seeking representation from agencies. Please do not telephone or email if you represent an agency. Applicants should apply with a covering letter and CV via email to email@example.com.Current Vacancies